Thursday, April 16, 2009

putting yesterday behind me

Yesterday was one of those days. To start the day off my lovely baby boy was up wanting to eat about every two hours. Man you really do forget what it is like to have a new born. I think if we didn't forget over time no one would ever want more babies. All I can say is at least he's darn cute. I think it must have been a full moon because my kids were a little bit crazy. By the end of the night I felt like the worst mom on the planet. I felt like I was getting after them for everything. I always want my kids to feel loved and when you have one of those days you sure feel like scum by the end of it. Luckily children are so forgiving and resilient. By bed time we had all calmed down and said our I'm sorries and love yous and Kaiya says "Mom I love you, you are the best mom and I never want a new mom." now a bit of background on that one is, whenever they don't like what I have to say (usually Jager), will say "I want a new mom." so sad I know, but I try not to take it personally. Anyway, it really warmed my heart to hear that after our crazy day. When I really think about the big picture and how the Lord has entrusted us with these little spirits, it makes you think twice about the things you get mad about. There will always be toys to picked up and cleaning to be done, but the most important thing is those little kids and the time we spend loving and teaching them. The good days always out number the bad. So here's to putting yesterday behind me and working on today...


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I had Rawley tell me that he hated me one time, but later took it back! Thankfully they don't take a lot of the stuff that happens to heart, and we are all better by bedtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet what Kaiya said. You have such a cute blog and sweet pictures. It's crazy seeing Jager so big, I feel like I was just taking those newborn pictures of him, and now you have a new one!

    ReplyDelete