So Geoff left for Vegas today to enjoy a UFC fight with some friends. He had planned to leave around 3ish. So 3 rolled around and it was time to say our goodbye's. First Jager gave Geoff a hug and kiss then it was Kaiya's turn. She seemed to be putting on a pretty brave face at first, but after a few minutes the water works were on full force. Now Kaiya is very much a Daddy's girl and is very sad when it come to Geoff leaving for more than a day. She cried pretty hard but Geoff still had to go. After he left the crying continued. I would have sworn that Geoff had died or something the way she was talking. Between each sob she would say "I'm going to miss dad's stories"," I'm going to miss him playing outside with me", "I'm going to miss him sitting by me at the table", "I'm going to miss his hugs and kisses." "I'm going to miss the way he plays with me." I continued to tell her about all the fun we would have while daddy was gone but none of it was helping, she was inconsolable. Kaiya then said she would like to call Grandma Sommerfeldt to tell her how sad she was. Kaiya knows she will always listen. So she calls Jesses and some how convinces her to take Jager and her to a movie to make her feel all better. So of course grandma agrees and off they went to a movie and out to eat at Wendy's.(thanks Jesse, I sure enjoyed the break) After they got home we went over to my mom's to work on our lemonade stand sign that we are having in the morning. All in all I think they had a great time because on our way home Kaiya says to me."Mom I forgot something, I forgot dad is in Vegas because I had so much fun today. What will we do tomorrow so I can forget again?" Oh my little drama queen. I can't wait for the teen years. Ahhhhhh
Oh Kaiya...she cracks me up! I really like when she said she would miss Geoff sitting beside her at the table!
ReplyDeleteToo funny!! When Pat left my kids were like bye dad see you in a few days!! I think that he is gone to often because he gets that kind of response now! Hope she has been preoccupied with other things to think about it!
ReplyDelete