Thursday, May 28, 2009

Swinging

Well today was a great day for the kids. Daddy finished their playground last night and today was the first day they got to swing on the swings. We bought the playground last year from Costco. Geoff and helpers got about 80% of it done and the rest sat there through the winter. So after may days of pleading to Daddy, he and Dick put the swings up and the rest of the accessories last night. The kids were outside all day today, and that is no exaggeration. I got a bit of a burn myself.

Kaiya has just learned to "pump" herself on the swings and is having so much fun. Thank goodness there are 3 swings or I think there would have been some tears. I don't think I saw Kaiya off the swing all afternoon. It was hard to get her off even for her favorite lunch (Mac & Cheese and beans. Yummy) I have to admit it is one of my fav's too. Kaiya was saying to Geoff this afternoon that she felt a little sad, now that she has learned how to pump and get herself going on the swing. When he asked why she said "because no one will push me anymore". Geoff reassured her that he would still push her as often as she would like. Kaiya played hookie from school today to spend the afternoon with Krystyn, Dick, Greta, and Ozzie. They leave on Friday so I thought it would be fun for Kaiya and Jager to spend their last day playing in the sun with them. They also spent some time running through the sprinkler. My kids get a little wimpy though. If there is any wind they complain that it gets too cold. All in all it was a great day in the sun and I look forward to may more days like today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment